Business Development Manager - Environments 10-07-19
- Sales & Marketing
- Eau Claire and La Crosse, WI
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
• Achievement of business development objectives by obtaining sufficient flow of new business.
• Supports policies and procedures for marketing and business development.
• Acts as an active ambassador both inside and outside the company.
• Prospects, contacts and meets potential clients—build positive relationships.
• Develops network for active and quality lead gathering.
• Initiates sales/business development strategy to create and convert opportunities into new business.
• Leads research and provides key information for RFPs and presentations, provides comprehensive understanding of customer needs to project sales team.
• Ability to quote smaller projects.
• Develop extensive product knowledge.
• Aide in maintenance of CRM weekly.
• Understand State contracts as it relates to pricing.
• Capable of measuring and gathering necessary data for projects.
• Manages and maintains contact with past, present and future clients.
• Communicates internally with top-level executives, managers, marketing staff, and others; externally with clients, general businesses, community, and other groups.
• Communicates The Samuels Group’s safety commitment to potential and current clients.
• Provides valuable research information for strategic and market planning.
• Updates local marketing and business development plans and monitors local market and economic conditions.
• Identifies targets and extensively researches market segments within region.
• Assists in development of strategy for new work and retention of existing client base, fostering growth in customer loyalty.
• Collaborates with commercial furniture design team to create optimal furniture layouts that align with client needs and budget.
• Overall success of regional business development objectives.
• Carries out marketing and business development plans for respective region.
• Manages projects trough completion to ensure profit goals are attained.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts presentations to Owners, Architects and large groups.
• Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Work Relationships and Scope:
Reports directly to the General Manager - Environments. Has a close working relationship with Commercial Furniture Interior Designers, Project Managers, Superintendents, clients. Involves no supervisory functions, but requires the ability to work and coordinate with others.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The attributes listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability appropriate for the level of work performed.
• Undergraduate degree in Business or Marketing or related field with at least 5 years sales experience, preferably in commercial furniture industry or equivalent education/experience.
• Interior Design background beneficial.
• Must be a results-driven problem solver.
• Ability to work in an unstructured environment, developing and managing own schedule.
• Must possess a comprehensive sales and marketing background.
• Understand strategic account management.
• Must have the ability to sell.
• Must have ability to learn the language of commercial furniture, design and construction industries.
• Possess high level of skill with speaking and dealing positively with executive level prospects.
• Presentation skills required.
• Must demonstrate attention to detail.
• Capability to communicate in a professional, courteous, diplomatic manner with all levels of management, external clients and potential clients is critical.
• Must be able to ask questions, listen to, receive and give verbal and written instructions and directions in a professional manner.
• Results-driven achiever with ability to attain goals and complete tasks.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions.
• Results oriented and proactive team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Basic understanding of industry practices, processes, and standards is helpful.
• Exhibit exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must. Demonstrated experience with CRM (Deltek Vision) and Z-Axis, a plus.
In a typical 8 hour work day, employee will usually; sit at least six hours, stand at least one hour and walk at least one hour. Employee's job requires occasionally to; bend/stoop, squat/crawl, climb 30-60 ft., reach above shoulder, crouch/kneel, balance, push/pull, lift/carry up to 50 pounds, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust, fumes, gases and noise sometimes over 85 DBA and Working on open high locations. Employee's job frequently requires; using hands for repetitive action such as simple grasping and manipulating and being around moving machinery. Work hours are generally during normal business hours. However, unscheduled evening and weekend work may be necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Out-of-town and overnight business travel is frequently required.